Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Comparison: Zoya Ali and Nina Ultra Pro Punki Pink

Hey ya'll!  I have another PINK post today!  This one is a comparison of two similar colors: Zoya Ali and Nina Ultra Pro Punki Pink.  In all photos I have Ali on my index and ring fingers and Punki Pink on my middle and pinky fingers.  

hot neon pink
No Top Coat

First, the similarities: they both have incredible formulas for neons.  This is 2 coats of each one and I had no problems getting a smooth and even application.  They're both very bright, in-your-face, fun and summery!!  (Though I definitely do not restrict my neon-nail wearing to summer, no sir.)  Also something to note, is neither of these dry fully matte like a lot of neon polishes - I'd say these dry down to a satin finish or semi-matte finish.

hot neon pink
No Top Coat
And the differences... 

Zoya Ali is a bit more cool toned than Nina Punki Pink.  This is, however, more apparent pre-top coat and less apparent after top coat is applied, as you'll see in the photos.  Punki Pink is more of a HOT pink, but the differences in color are only so apparent when they are swatched side by side.  

Formula wise, though I got opaque and even coverage on both of these at 2 coats, Punki Pink is a bit thinner than Ali.  Both are very easy to work with so it may just come down to preference in formula.  

The other difference is price point.  Zoya sells for $8 a bottle and Nina is usually $4-$5 depending on whether or not you're a Beauty Club Member at Sally's (I am, of course).     

hot neon pink
One Coat of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat
hot neon pink
One Coat of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat
These are not exact dupes, but close enough that if you have one, you probably don't need the other.  That is, unless you're me and you just have to own every neon pink you can get your hands on no matter how slight the difference!  (Just for the record though, I did get Ali free with a recent Zoya promotion...so don't hate on me too hard!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!