Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 5: 3D

Hey ya'll!  Today is Day 5 of the Flip/Flop February challenge hosted by Jilltastic Nail Design!  Sadly - her and her family have been sharing the sickness since the challenge started and she hasn't been able to keep up!  Hopefully they're all on the mend and she can join us soon!

Today's options were 3D or Decals.  Since I've never really done either one - I went with the 3D option.  I kind of cheated because these are just studs and not really that 3D, but this is what I had on hand and I really liked wearing it.

black studs
No idea what's stuck on the bottle between the I and the L but it's driving me crazy.

 For this manicure I painted 2 coats of the classic OPI You Don't Know Jacques!  This should be a staple in everyone's collection!  Then I added one black stud near the cuticle of each nail except my ring fingers and thumbs.  On those nails I added 7, which I had anticipated looking a little more linear but ended up looking like flowers instead.  I got the studs from Born Pretty Store.  Pretty simple manicure.  

black studs


black studs

I wish I had had some matte black studs, I think they would've looked a little better than these shiny ones.  

black studs
Awkward hands... wanted to show my thumb though!
 When I did this manicure, I hadn't worn You Don't Know Jacques! in such a long time!  It was overdue.  This is one of my favorite polishes.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the challenge so far - I totally am!  Having a "mission" helps me focus and also try things I've been meaning to but haven't yet!

Here's the list of the month's challenges:


Please go check out the other ladies challenge posts!  I get so excited to see them everyday!

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Simple, but still visually gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I really liked wearing this one - but you know studs don't last that long - but then, I don't need them to! lol.

      Delete
  2. I simply hands down love your designs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Jessica! Thanks! Makes me feel good! Can't wait to see your design for today!

      Delete
  3. Mmm that polish is gorgeous...it *was* one of my lemmings, but it kind of got forgotten! It'll have to go back on the list now!

    I'm loving the studwork. The flower-type pattern is very cute. And I think shiny studs go better with the finish of the polish (imho lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely put it back on the list!
      Haha thanks about the studs - I don't have top coat on here but I did end up top coating it, which would have completely nullified matte studs anyway!

      Delete
  4. i need to get those studs.. looks beautiful.. lovely mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get them at BornPrettyStore.com! I hate how long it takes to get them - but it's cheap so it's worth it!

      Delete
  5. I used to own YDKJ but I misplaced it. Pretty easy since it was a mini bottle! I like your design. It's really simple but cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!