Saturday, February 2, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 2: Accent Nail

Good morning ya'll.  It's Saturday and the 2nd day of the Flip/Flop February challenge that Jilltastic Nail Design is hosting!  For today our choice is Stained Glass or Accent Nail.  Let me tell you - I looked at some stained  glass nails but it just wasn't calling me... so today I'm bringing you my accent nail.  I was and am still SO happy with it!  I looooved it.  The two polishes I used are 2 of my favorites!

lattice striping tape color club insta-this


I used OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest for the main color, and Color Club Insta-this along with Oktoberfest for the accent nail.

Every Month is Oktoberfest is from OPI's 2012 Germany collection.  It. is. awesome.  This polish is so so complex, you just can't capture it all on camera...especially a phone camera.  lol.  The base for this shimmer is navy!  Yes - you read that right, it's a navy jelly!  If you look closely at my pinky nail you can see a small bare spot near my cuticle where the polish dragged and notice the navy base!  I mean, this navy in here is genius to me.  When you're wearing this on your nails you can see the navy around the edges and it blows my mind.  Then there's all this shimmer - mostly burgundy and purple but flashes of blue too!  It's just a really gorgeous color and I'm very happy I decided to snatch it up before it was sold out at my Ulta.  This is 2, smooth and easy coats.   

Insta-this I have already reviewed [here].  Think it's pretty safe to say it is my favorite blue polish in my collection.  That's a serious statement.  

lattice striping tape color club insta-this

lattice striping tape color club insta-this

For the accent nail I painted 2 coats of Insta-this and applied one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast and let it dry.  Then I applied striping tape diagonally across the nail in two directions to create the lattice design, painted over with one coat of Oktoberfest and pulled the tape off while the nail was still wet.  Have I mentioned how much I love striping tape??  Get some.  Finally I put on a coat of Seche Vite.  
  
color club insta-this

color club insta-this

Here's a couple of pictures before I added the lattice design.  I was so happy with how well these colors went together!  I wasn't sure it was going to work - but I think it does!



Now - go see what the other girls have come up with for today!

4 comments:

  1. cuuute! love that color blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And me too!! It's my favorite! You can get it at birchbox.com

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of the purple. I love that shade!

    You have awesome mani's! I nominated you for the Liebster award. You can read more about it here!
    http://naildoodle.blogspot.com/2013/02/nominated-for-liebster-award-lots-of.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoodness!! So exciting - thank you!! :) I had fun reading yours!

      Delete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!