Saturday, January 19, 2013

Zoya Zuza and some Stamping

Good morning evening ya'll!  I started typing up this post last night to schedule to post this morning, but I totally fell asleep typing.

Earlier this month Zoya had a "Color Your World" promotion where you could order 3 Zoya polishes for free!  All you had to pay was $10 for shipping and processing - so obviously I took advantage and got 3!  The colors I chose are Zuza, Daul and Nova.  Today I'm going to show you Zuza!!  I have been dying to get this color since it came out this past summer.  I kept stalking my Ulta, wondering when the crap they were going to get them and by the time I got there once they got them - Zuza was all gone!  And until the promotion, I never got around to ordering it.  SO... at long last... Zoya Zuza.

turquoise foil shimmer


I'm so glad I got this polish!!!!  This color is so fun, so shimmery, almost like a foil!  Maybe it is a foil?  (I'm not so good with the finish classifications unless it's a cream or a glitter, haha.)  It seems that mostly the only colors I find in this color range are creams or have a very light shimmer, and I don't have anything close to this in my collection already.  Zuza has a slightly golden shimmer that really only stands out as gold if it is in the sun or if it is directly under concentrated light.  It is really so cool...I keep staring at it!

turquoise foil shimmer

turquoise foil shimmer

The formula on this is a tiny bit thick for me, but very manageable and easy to work with.  I used 2 coats.  You do need to use somewhat of a light hand when applying this.  It's not streaky, but it will drag and pull near the cuticle if you don't  have enough polish on the brush or press too hard while dragging.  Overall it was an easily applied polish and clean up was super easy.

turquoise foil shimmer

turquoise foil shimmer

I know - way too many photos!!!  Sorry, I just loved them all!

turquoise foil shimmer navy stamping

So I wore it plain for a day and then I was getting the itch to stamp.  I haven't done any stamping in a while and I was missing it!  I pulled out the stamps and decided on BM316.  I wanted something that wouldn't cover up the base color too much because it's just too pretty!  I still wanted my nails to look like that color from a distance.  I used Sally Hansen Navy Baby to stamp with.  I had no idea Navy Baby was going to stamp so well, but it did.  I definitely recommend you trying this polish to stamp with if you have it.

turquoise foil shimmer navy stamping

turquoise foil shimmer navy stamping

turquoise foil shimmer navy stamping

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!!

2 comments:

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!