Sunday, January 13, 2013

China Glaze Whirled Away

Good morning!  Hopefully most of you are still sleeping - I wish I was!  Remember a while back I showed you China Glaze Def Defying from the Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away collection?  Well this is the other polish I got, Whirled Away.  I layered this over Cult Nails Deal With It.  

cult nails deal with it

Whirled Away is made up of black large hex glitter, black bar glitter and extra large white hex glitter in a clear base.  I'm just going to go ahead and say it - this glitter was a ginormous pain in my butt to apply.  I had to fish out the white pieces to get any on the nail at all.  If you try to apply it like regular polish you end up sweeping it all off the nail.  If you try to do the dab and spread method, it just piles in the middle and when you try to do the spread it STILL wants to wipe off... like the base isn't fluid enough.  I think China Glaze tried to make the base thicker so it would hold the big glitter pieces but it just doesn't spread well, too sticky.  


cult nails deal with it

With all the application issues - I think it looks pretty awesome on the nail.  Still debating whether the hassle is worth the look though.  I read a lot of other swatches and reviews before I bought this, and they all said the same thing, and I thought, "It can't be THAT bad...." but trust me - it is.     

cult nails deal with it

 What do you ya'll think?  Do you have this?  Did the application suck for you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!