Wednesday, December 26, 2012

OPI Suzi Takes the Wheel

Hey ya'll!  It's the day after Christmas and I hope that if your Christmas was like mine, you're relaxing today as much as possible.  Stay in your pajamas!  Don't go anywhere!  Sleep!  Read my blog!

Today I have OPI Suzi Takes The Wheel.  This is another shade that I borrowed from my friend Courtney. This color was a part of the 2011 Fall Touring America collection.

medium grey creme gray


This is a medium grey color with green undertones.  If any of you have Essie Power Clutch, this is a lighter version of that.  I used 2 coats of color.  I love grey polishes in general and this is no different.  It's very warm and neutral.  The formula is nice, as usual with OPI and the clean-up was a piece of cake.  

 medium grey creme gray

medium grey creme gray

I added one coat of Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday over Suzi Takes the Wheel.  Please, find some other swatches of Happy Birthday to look at before you make a call on whether or not you want it, because this is a terrible representation!  HB has lots of large and small multi-colored hex glitter.     

multi color glitter

When I say one coat, I believe I put a big drop of polish in the center of my nail and then spread it around to get even coverage.  As usual with glitter polish, removal is a huge pain, especially with flat glitter pieces like these.  Next time I use glitter I plan to use glue as a base coat and see if it works as well as everyone says it does!  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, find out about it here.

multi color hex glitter

Happy Birthday (or one of the many dupes/near dupes) would work wonderful for a New Years Even mani I think, festive!

2 comments:

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!