Saturday, December 29, 2012

Guest Nails! - butter LONDON Come To Bed Red

 Hey ya'll!  

So on Thursday night I got to do my Mom's nails and we had so much fun!  She let me do a little bit of nail art on her and we both really liked the final look.  SO, today I wanted to feature her nails!  We used a color that I've been wanting to show you for a while but my own swatch photos weren't all that great: butter LONDON Come To Bed Red.


Come to Bed Red is a bright red jelly polish.  The formula on this is very forgiving and easy.  It is also very pigmented for a jelly.  This is 2 coats of color, but even at 1 coat, the color is bold and even.  The only minor issue I have with this color is in the clean-up, it smears and stains a little in this phase of polishing.



We let the color dry a little and then used a couple different size dotting tools and Essie Blanc to put the dots on each finger.  This is such a simple design with a big impact.  I love the classic red and white together.


I top coated all the nails with a coat of Seche Vite, letting the dots dry a little beforehand so as not to smear them.  Then I convinced her to let me put a coat of Sephora by OPI Matte Top Coat on the ring fingernails as an accent.  I really liked the matte finish on this design and think it would have looked awesome on all of the nails for a little bit more casual feel.


Hope you guys enjoyed seeing my Mom's nails!  It probably won't be the last time I feature her nails on the blog!  Would you wear this design?  Do you prefer it shiny, matte or do you like the combo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!